Friday, July 17, 2009

A dinner inspired by my readers….

As soon as I walked in the door, I knew I needed a nice cool, refreshing Mocktail.  It’s over 106 degrees here today, but, does that even matter….once you get over 100 it’s just all hot, right?

I used a splash of my POM Wonderful 100% POM juice with some Perrier Fizzy water and lots of ice!

 IMG_9261

It was so good and refreshing!  I LOVE POM juice because it is 100% juice and naturally sweet.  The Husband quickly downed the rest of my two bottles :)

Then, it was time to break open the TWO fun packages I got in the mail today.  I feel like it’s my birthday lately with all the cool stuff I am getting!

The first package was from C.G. Foodie.  It was my prize for winning the June Mystery Ingredient Challenge with my Filet Mignon in a Strawberry Mushroom Marsala Sauce over Chive Butter Noodles.

 IMG_9262

* A super cute card, fun mug that was stuffed with TEA, tea mix-ins, lots of bars and a high fiber vitamin lollypop (interesting!).  LOVE it – Thanks, C.G!

Next up, was a package that I was completely not expecting!  Hikari – YOU ROCK!!!!!  I noticed last week that Hikari at Sonoma Crisps updated her blog and raved about the new Raisin Crunches!  I already thought they were fabulous as they were, but, they added CINNAMON and took out the wheat flour.  The ENTIRE BAG is STILL only 2 Weight Watcher Points!

IMG_9264 IMG_9265 

I couldn’t resist breaking open a package right then and there.  I “almost” didn’t get a container, but, I remembered my rule to never eat straight from the bag.  OMG – these are SOOO AMAZING – I LOVE the new mix.  The hint of cinnamon really makes them that much better.  They remind me a little of Raisin Bran, I think.  They are crunchy and “pop” when you bite into them.  I do have to warn you all though – they are highly addictive.  I am definitely going to have to stock up on these!!!

IMG_9267 

I couldn’t figure out why I have been craving Chicken-less Nuggets and BBQ sauce, but, then I remembered I have been reading ALL YOUR fantastic comments on how you will use the Annie’s BBQ sauce.  So, tonight’s dinner, I decided to make based on what you all have been recommending!  I broke out some of these and heated up the house (ugh – not my brightest moment!)

IMG_9269 IMG_9270    

While the “nuggets” cooked, i made up a BIG salad loaded with a lot of crunch and flavors.

IMG_9277 IMG_9278

In the mix:

* Romaine

* Fresh Corn

* Shredded Carrots

* Cucumber slices

* Green Onions

* Tillamook colby cheddar

* Red Bell Pepper

* Cherry Tomatoes

* AVOCADO

* Raisin Crunch!!!

For dressing, I decided to take your recommendations and top my salad with some fantastic BBQ sauce!

All dressed up with some Annie’s Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce ~ YUM!!!!

IMG_9281 IMG_9285

Ok ~ so the funny thing about this salad is that I didn’t tell The Husband that the chicken nuggets were “chicken-less”.  He ate them but said they sure didn’t taste too good like real nuggets :D  I thought they were good LOL….He just saw me typing this ~ woops!

After dinner we took a little drive……for something cool and something fun!

I think whenever the temperature is over 100 degrees there is a definitely need for a 3 Weight Watcher Point Low-Fat Vanilla Ice cream cone!

IMG_7936

We also picked up a little scratcher fun too!  No worries, I won’t be retiring tomorrow – I only won another $2 ticket *sigh!

IMG_9288

GIVEAWAY ALERT!!!

* Amanda is giving away some fantastic running gear.  Click HERE to enter.

* Lauren is celebrating her Blogiversary with a cool giveaway – Click HERE.

* Enter to get your Annie’s Mac & Cheese & BBQ Sauce pack by clicking HERE!!!

Help me win the Best Desserts contest ~ Click HERE vote for the Nectarine Raspberry Sorbet over Fruit!! Be sure to tell all your friends and have them vote too!!!

Alright all ~ I am off to relax with The Husband and read my Body For Life book ~ so far I am completing digging it! Thanks for the recommendation Janetha!

See you all tomorrow morning after my run and before our STONE MASSAGES!!

8 comments:

  1. glad you are liking the book :) that salad is EPIC!!!!! minus any raisin business, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that POM spritzer sounds so good! I've seen them around the blogs before, and they look delicious. Your package is so cute, and I love that salad! The raisin crunch sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try a POM spritzer! Definitely on my list of to-trys! What is raisin crunch? Is it like crunchy cereal balls of raisins? Looks interesting!

    Yay for packages! I love them too! Have a great weekend sweets!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL about NOT telling the husband the nuggets were chicken-less. Sounds like something that I would do just to see if he'd notice, my husband is FIRMLY in the carnivore category.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your site from the Myrecipes contest, congrats!! I love your mocktail idea...I will be trying that for sure! And where did you get that 3pt ice cream cone???

    Great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a fave BBQ chicken salad of mine! what a fab idea to top it with chickenless nuggets!!

    McD's ice cream cone? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your salad looks AMAZING!

    Glad you enjoyed the package. The lollies were sold at the tournament I was at last month. They are like 43 calories or something plus a ton of fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janetha ~ It's a good read - really motivational! The salad rocked raisin crunches and all :)

    Anne ~ I LOVE spritzers - they are so refreshing when it's hot out.

    Hopskip ~ They are slow dried raisins that are puffed up and super crunchy. They are lighter than cereal crunch, but, totally fun to eat.

    Danielle ~ The Husband is totally a carnivore too - sneaky it in is the only way I can get him to try it. I usually don't tell him though :)

    Aggie ~ Yeah - so glad you found me and welcome! Glad to have you as a reader. The ice cream cone is from McDonald's - nothing fancy but so good and only 3 pts. It's the only thing I eat from there but it's one of my favorite treats.

    Heyitstay ~ I've never used BBQ sauce as salad dressing, but, I definitley need to more often - it was awesome. The chickenless nuggets made the salad healthier too.

    C.G ~ Thanks again for the package - it's fun! I will have to tell you what I think of the healthy lolly :)

    ReplyDelete