Sunday, July 26, 2009

Double Cinnamon French Toast

I was dreaming all night about that fantastic Cinnamon Swirl bread we bought last night.  I think The Husband was too because when I got back from my meeting he asked if I had French Toast without him – he was smelling the bread all morning – funny!

I started off my day by going to my Weight Watcher meeting first thing this morning and I am really glad I did.  The normal leader that I listen to on Saturday’s was teaching and it made me realize that I miss her.  I think I have found my home again on Saturday’s and plan on switching back to that day.  I never realized how much limbo it can make you feel like you are in by not having a set leader that you love listening to. 

I started out with that Cinnamon Swirl Bread I bought at The Grateful Bread yesterday.  LOVE all the cinnamony swirliness of it – YUM!

IMG_9592

I mixed up a “French Toast” mixture of:

2 eggs

3 egg whites

2 Tbsp Fat Free Milk

Splash of Vanilla

Dashes of Cinnamon and Sea Salt

I then dipped each slice in the mix and cooked with nonstick spray until browned on each side.

I made up 6 slices, 2 slices per serving is 5 Weight Watcher Points.

I had TWO slices topped with 1 tsp whipped butter and 1/2 Tbsp Pure Maple syrup for a total of 7.5 points – not too bad for a decadent Sunday Brunch.

IMG_9597

I made my slices thin and the Husbands plus his mom Thick slices like below.

IMG_9590

I think the BEST part was coming across the cinnamon swirl parts – SO GOOD!

IMG_9598

Another goal I have this week is to center each meal around fruit and/or vegetables.  I added a 1 cup serving on cantaloupe and watermelon to balance out my breakfast.

IMG_9599

Today I have a ton of things to check off my to-do list including making a few new recipes so I am off to get started.

Have a great Sunday all ~ see you all this afternoon!

12 comments:

  1. oh i LOVE cinnamon swirl bread, and making french toast from it is epic! yours looks soo delicious. french toast is probably one of the best breakfasts around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so yummy! I wish I bought bread more often for my french toast cravings. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks decadent for sure!
    <3 jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm that is decadent and a points steal... yummy!

    I like your meal centering idea... I'm going to work on that since my meals tend to center on whole grains since I love them soooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! That french toast looks delicious! Now I'm craving cinnamon and syrup :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only had packaged cinnamon swirl bread, so yours looks really decadent! I'm trying to add more produce into my diet too... Yesterday was easy because we got fresh peaches. :D I had, like, 4 or 5.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a delicious breakfast - chomp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that bread is PERF. for french toast making -- way to go for using it so wisely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am convinced that using Cin bread for french toast is the only way to make it now. I don't think I could ever go back to plain bread.

    Your breakfast looks fit for a queen. So marvelous and I'm sure you enjoyed every single bite. :)

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bread looks so good! Is that cinnamon dripping out of it? Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janetha ~ I totally agree with everything you said!

    Veggie ~ You need to stock up and put your bread in the freezer just for that :)

    N.D ~ It was so good, I totally want to repeat it.

    Havefaith ~ Yup - it totally seemed like it was so good it should've been bad for me...but, it wasn't - yeah!

    Rebecca ~ I totally thought it was a good points bargain too. I LOVE whole grains too and have to make an effort to not eat only that.

    Fitnut ~ LOL - you need to make some french toast for sure to conquer those cravings. :)

    Tasty ~ You definitely need to try the bread from a bread store - the difference is amazing. yeah for being in on the more fruits/veggies :)

    The Actor's Diet ~ it was fantastic - I need to have breakfast like that more often.

    Jenny ~ Thanks, I thought so too.

    Lauren ~ You know what, I think you may be right. I need to make another trip to the bread store :D

    Julia ~ Yup - they swirl the cinnamon roll sweet filling throughout wheat bread - So amazing!

    ReplyDelete