Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grilled Satay Peanut Chicken Salad

I always seem to want something sweet in the afternoon.  Usually some fruit and/or yogurt takes care of the craving.  However, I wasn’t really hungry today so I know I didn’t need anything.   I was super proud of myself for passing up the sample at Trader Joe’s (Apple Streusel w/French Vanilla Ice cream!)   Since I am sticking to tracking all my BLT’s I didn’t want to have to try to figure out the nutritionals for that – ha – that is one way to avoid it, right? LOL…..

When I got home, I STILL wanted something sweet so I had a few of The Husband’s Brachs Jelly Nougats – I LOVE these!  After looking up the nutritional information, I had 2 more since you get 5 for 3 Weight Watcher Points – total justification, right?! :)

IMG_9667

It was so hot today so dinner was light and on the grill.  I grilled up some “Satay Peanut” Chicken breasts by brushing them with this sauce I got at Trader Joe’s.

IMG_9640 IMG_9642

While the chicken grilled, I prepped our salads.  Here is mine BEFORE I added chicken.

IMG_9643

Organic Romaine mixed with Organic Mixed Greens

Green onion

Orange Bell Pepper

Sliced cucumber

Sliced yellow/orange tomatoes

A couple of strawberries and a sprinkle of blueberries

1/4 of a small AVOCADO

I added 3 oz of grilled Chicken Satay and a sprinkle of roasted sesame seeds

IMG_9653  

I made up a batch of Ginger Sesame Dressing and drizzled about 2 Tbsp over my salad.

IMG_9661 

Today when I was shopping I happened to see that PopChips has a new flavor that I have not yet tried ~ Sea Salt Multi-Grain Chips.  I couldn’t wait to open them up and give them a try.  They are so different from their other flavors – not in a bad way.  They are sorta like a multi-grain rice cake/cracker to me.  I had 10 chips with my dinner :)

IMG_9648IMG_9649IMG_9650IMG_9651

For dessert, I decided to give the Trader Joe’s Raspberry & Vanilla Cream Bars a try that I bought  a few weeks back.

 IMG_9665IMG_9664 

My first reaction was – it’s SMALL and then my 2nd reaction was where is the stick?  The bar is about a 1/2 cup of ice cream so it’s a mini bar for 2 Weight Watcher Points.  Oh and if I read the package it says there is no stick, you are suppose to eat it like a push-up :)  It was actually really good, creamy and had the perfect balance of berry and vanilla bean.

IMG_9666  

I also prepped my lunch for tomorrow today ~ Be sure to check back tomorrow for my Grilled Eggplant Lasagna Recipe.

Today was totally productive getting things done around the house and getting ready for our busy weekend next week.  However, I think I am forever behind on reading your blogs….I will do my best to catch up this week to see what you all are up to.

For now, I am off to watch the Next Food Network Star!  Nite all!

7 comments:

  1. Whoa, those jelly nougats look yummy! And, of course, the TJ's bar. I'm a sucker for sweet stuff. I finished watching The Next Food Network Star a couple minutes ago. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make the best looking salads!

    I'll have to try the raspberry cream bars; I like the mango ones, so I'm sure the raspberry are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyyy for multi-grain popchips! in 2 weeks you can bet my butt will be Whole Foods picking up some popchips! (its the only store int he area that sells them, I haven't been able to find them at wegmans, etc. :( )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salad looks amazing! It reminds me of the poppyseed salad at Panera which is delicious!

    Woohoo for multi-grain PopChips! Haha - are those ice cream bars a sign of the economy?! Gotta cut back on expenses so sticks are out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice job on resisting the BLTs!! i need to make that my own goal this week. i love peanut sauce, yet another wonderful product from the TJs gods!! those ice cream bars look SOOO yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks gorgeous! Your ice cream bar looks delish too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tasty ~ Ahhh, me too! Fruity sweet stuff is my total weakness. The Next FNS was so good - glad for the final two!

    Marisa ~ Thanks! I need to try the mango ones too :)

    Sarah ~ You know what - I actually found them at Target 2 for $5 - you should check there.

    K ~ Oh, I do love that salad at Panera. Your stick comment totally cracked me up!

    Janetha ~ I think I could eat my entire days calories/points in BLT's so I am trying be more mindful about what I eat and not eat mindlessly.

    Ada ~ Thanks, everything was delish!

    ReplyDelete