Monday, July 20, 2009

I have so much to tell you all….

First, I have to start out by saying sorry for missing out on posting all day until now ~ it’s been such a busy, but, completely exciting/fun day for me.  Where do I start……

I owe Hungry-Girl a HUGE Thank You for Tweeting to everyone today to VOTE FOR MY NECTARINE RASPBERRY SORBET OVER FRESH FRUIT!! 

Thanks also goes out to JulieGoLean and Janetha for posting a shout out on their blogs to VOTE too!  I really appreciate it you all – I need all the votes I can get to win….TWO more days to VOTE – pass it on!

I started out my day bright and early taking a Starbuck’s to The Husband ~ They had samples of the Low-Fat Triple Berry Coffee Cake…..YUM!

 IMG_9368

And, then, today, I think my brain wasn’t working. I thought I’d save a few calories and get a Cafe Misto, but, she said they were out of decaf so I ordered a Venti Decaf Americano with a splash of nonfat milk and caramel drizzle.  Holy Strong coffee-espresso, but, I cannot deny I LOVED her use of heavy caramel syrup – YUM!

IMG_9369

I have been craving mangos lately (so weird since I never used to like them).   The toughest decision was whether I wanted it as a smoothie or a parfait.  The parfait won!

IMG_9371

1 big mango, sliced and chopped

1 small banana, sliced

1/2 c TJ’s 2 % Greek Yogurt

Drizzle of Dark Agave Syrup

2 Tbsp Kashi Honey Almond Flax

Sprinkle of unsweetened organic coconut

IMG_9370 

This was so good and tropically!  Is it just me or do you all think that mangos look so big, but, by the time you cut them, there isn’t really that much fruit?

After a busy morning filled with lots of fun news, my co-worker and I headed out to use our winning Whole Foods gift card.  I made up the HUGEST salad totaling 1.4 lbs!

IMG_9376 

Let’s see if I can remember everything I put in there.

* Romaine

* scoops of corn, edamame, peas, corn, garbanzo beans, kidney beans

* shredded beets, carrots, zucchini, summer squash

* One gigantic roasted beet

* A few cherry tomatoes

* a big scoop of cioppino onions – LOVE these balsamic marinated onions!

* An egg – I only eat the whites!

* Salads ~ Citrus Soba (no flavor), Spicy Peanut (YUM!)

* I actually forgot to add any nuts (like I needed them) and this salad had so much flavor I didn’t need any dressing.

OH ya and 3 of these GIGANTIC butter beans – they are as big as the cherry tomatoes.  I managed to eat about 2/3’s of my salad before I had to give up.

IMG_9381

Do you all remember my fantastic interview with Anne Cain from MyRecipes.com?  When I got home I had probably one of THE COOLEST EVER gifts waiting for me!  She sent me aw awesome cookbook to thank me for the interview ~ The Best of Cooking Light Everyday Favorites Cookbook!! How did she know this is one cookbook I don’t have?!

IMG_9383

I cannot wait to whip up some recipes from this cookbook – there are over 500 to choose from  - Wooohoo!!!! I LOVE IT and know I will be spending all night looking at all the fantastic pictures deciding which “science project” I am going to cook for The Husband next!

IMG_9385  

My other cool news of the day:

* I WON Krittie’s giveaway for a $25 Gift Card to The Noodles and Company – woohoo!!!!  I cannot wait to get all noodlely….Thanks Krittie!!

* I also got to do a fun interview for an article today that I am hoping to be able to share with you all this week.

* My new site is officially in the works being finalized and I think it will be a “go” on Thursday to share with you all.  Even more scary, posting from it too……fun!

I think that is everything I can remember….Pretty good for a Monday, huh??

It does get  a little better in that The Husband wanted cereal for dinner so that means no cooking for me – yahoo!  Now I am off to figure out what I am having for dinner.  I’ll let you all know what I decide in a bit.

There is only one day left to enter to win the Annie’s Mac n Cheese & BBQ Sauce Giveaway

5 comments:

  1. Yay for cereal for dinner! The Cooking Light cookbook looks heavenly, I may have to hunt down a copy.

    I can't wait to see the new site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parfait looks amazing, and so does that WF bar salad. Great use of the gift card :D And good luck on the contest--you're doing great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. parfaits always win over smoothies! yum. that salad is daaank, gots all the good stuff! and i could eat cereal for breakfast, lunch AND dinner :) hooray you are in the lead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle ~ I agree - I LOVE no cooking dinners like that! The cookbook is really awesome! The Amazon price isn't too bad either.

    Anne ~ Can you believe I still have $$ left on the WF gift card too?! Thanks, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

    Janetha ~ I agree - there is jus tsomething abou tbeing able to eat versus drink. Yeah - LOVE it!

    Lynn ~ I LOVE their salad bar - I wish it was cheaper though....

    ReplyDelete