Friday, July 24, 2009

I Heart “Bernie” Surprises…..

Happy Friday all!  The weekend is almost here and I am totally looking forward to it.  We have some fun things planned which I cannot wait for.  What do you all have planned this weekend?

My day started off with another visit from Bernie.  Annie’s is coming out with all their favorite crackers and graham cookies in little 1 oz packs in 3 flavors—Honey, Friends and the ever-popular Cheddar Bunnies.”  I am digging those nutritional stats and the fact that you can recognize/pronounce EVERY ingredient!   YUM – I cannot wait to dig into my Honey Grahams! 

This morning I took The Husband a Starbuck’s and picked up a couple of things.  First was a Venti Nonfat Decaf Iced Latte with caramel drizzle.

IMG_9188

And the other was their perfect oatmeal.  Here is the crazy thing to me about their perfect oatmeal with all the toppings.  This is what it consists of:

* 1 package Quaker Instant Oatmeal for 140 calories

* 1 package of brown sugar for 50 calories

* 1 package of mixed nuts for 100 calories

* 1 package of Berry Blend (looks just like the TJ’s blend) for 100 calories

Add it all up and you would have a very SMALL 390 calorie, 8 Weight Watcher Point bowl of oatmeal that would probably leave you hungry still.  Crazy, huh?  While I am sure it IS tasty with all those mix-in’s, I decided to make up my own version using some of there items and some of mine.

IMG_9510

* 1 package Quaker Instant Oatmeal – I really do prefer old fashioned or steel cut, but, this was ok for a quick fix

* 1 package of the berry blend

* a handful of blueberries with a couple of raspberries

* 1/2 a banana

* Sprinkle of the mixed nuts – maybe 1/3 of the package

* Dash of cinnamon

IMG_9505

YUM ~ Love oatmeal even if it’s quick!  I actually had forgotten that it is Farmer’s Market Friday at work.  I decided to have my Farmer’s Market snacks for my AM snack.  I picked a pluot, some grapes and today I had the Kettle Korn.  OMG – I LOVE kettle korn but it is sooooo addicting.

IMG_9513 

My new site is almost finished too!  I am working with Zesty to put the finishing touches on it and I know it is going to look fantastic!  I cannot wait to share it with you all because it looks so good so far.  I am thinking Monday will be a good launch date – fingers crossed!

We have an offset meeting this afternoon so I may not see you all until late afternoon/evening.  I hope your day is flying by like mine.

Have a Fantastic day!

6 comments:

  1. wow that bowl of oatmeal sounds delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love copying some things and making them healthier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with that starbucks oatmeal, looks like you gave it one awesome overhaul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. starbies definitely knows all the fixin's for a slammin' bowl of oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh bernie sounds fantastic, how do I make him my buddy ;)

    love oatmeal! I used to eat it daily but stopped for awhile due to the green monsters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peanut butter - it was pretty delish.

    Spunkysuzi ~ copy away....

    Julia ~ Thanks, I'd like to think I made it a little better. It was definitely filling.

    Jenny ~ Yup....I heart Starbuck's!

    RunToFinish ~ LOL - Bernie is great! Ya - oatmeal is more of a winter food and green monsters are for summer I think :)

    ReplyDelete