Saturday, July 11, 2009

I went for the BIG one….

I LOVE sleeping in and waking up to sunshine!  Today is going to be a beautiful California day in the 80’s ~ ahhhh…..that just automatically puts you in a great mood.

I went to my Weight Watcher meeting today but didn’t stay because they had the same topic I heard on Sunday (oops, I forgot it goes from Sunday – Saturday – oh well) LOL….Maybe I’ll check out the topic tomorrow.  After  I headed to the Farmer’s Market and picked up some fun stuff.

I stocked up on my favorite tortillas ~ two flour – Wheat & Jalapeño Salsa and two corn ~ Green Chili and Traditional.

 

IMG_8876 

A fun organic Armani an cucumber plus two Heirloom Tomatoes.

IMG_8877

Look at how beautiful these tomatoes look.  I am thinking they belong on a nice burger or in a wrap or maybe as part of a Caprese salad.

IMG_8879

I went a little crazy on the organic cherry tomatoes, but, they ALL tasted amazing and we snack on them ALL day long.

IMG_8885 

Two organic white corn

IMG_8882

An organic berry sampler ~ Strawberries, Raspberries and Boysenberries

IMG_8880 

Yellow Peaches and Nectarines

IMG_8883

You know the funny part is I feel like I should have bought more LOL. 

The Husband had a special request for a big, tall, iced coffee from Starbuck’s so I decided to join him and I got the BIG ONE!  I Venti Iced, Nonfat Decaf Latte with caramel drizzle on top for only 3 Weight Watcher Points.  I picked up their Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie recipe too – I might have to try this!

 IMG_8871

I couldn’t resist the Low-Fat Very Berry Coffee Cake!  It was 6 Weight Watcher Points and totally worth it for the flavor even though I know it won’t fill me up.

IMG_8874

Ok ~ I am off to get my day rolling.  Today’s agenda includes a few todos, a fun new recipe or two, some shopping and some relaxation!

I hope you all have a great day ~ I plan on it!  See you later.

6 comments:

  1. ohh i am dying to try that muffin!!
    and those green chili tortillas sound sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cucumber looks crazy! I love snacking on those little cherry tomatoes, too. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut Butter ~ The muffin and the tortillas are awesome! The tortillas rock because you can freeze them and they are just as fresh unthawed.

    Anne ~ The cucumber is funny. I was scared to try it but the guy was like you have to - it's so good. He was right - it's sort of like a sweeter english cucumber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starbies AND Farmer's Market all at once?! My kinda day!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm starbs and groceries?! you had a successful day, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heyitstay ~ Yup - that is my perfect day I think :)

    Jenny ~ Yuppers - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete