Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Summertime Tortellini Vegetable Pasta Salad

It was just TOO HOT today to even grill so we changed our plans and ended up making an AMAZING Tortellini Vegetable Pasta Salad.  I had no rhyme or reason for making this salad, it was just a combination of everything that sounded good.  So light and refreshing – I can’t wait for leftover’s tomorrow.

A Summertime Tortellini Vegetable Pasta Salad

IMG_9363

1 Package Fresh Tortellini ~ I used TJ's Pesto Filled Tortellini

1 cup cherry tomatoes

1 cucumber, quartered – I used 2 lemon cucumbers

1/2  red bell pepper(s)

1 medium corn on the cob, cut off the cob

15 oz canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

2/3 c chopped sugar snap peas

1/2 package TJ’s Marinated Mozzarella Braid

1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped

3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil

Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste

For the dressing:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

2 tbsp olive oil

1/2 lemon, juiced

1 tbsp honey

1 tsp Dijon mustard

Cook the tortellini according the package directions, cooking on the least amount of boiling time.  You want it firm, not mushy so if it lists 4-6 minutes, cook for 4 minutes.

Combine everything in one bowl, stir, cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. 

Eat as is or serve over mixed greens.

Makes 6, 1 cup servings for 7 Weight Watcher Points

I served mine over ~ 2 cups of organic mixed greens and let the vinaigrette season it ~ SO Delish!  The Husband gave it 4.75 stars out of 5.  He couldn’t give it 5 because his favorite pasta salad is still my VEGAN Pasta Salad (3 WWP).

IMG_9359

All together with another POM Spritzer Mock-Tail – I LOVE juice + fizzy water!

IMG_9360

1) VOTE for my nectarine raspberry sorbet over fresh fruit!!!

2) Have you entered all the ways you can to win the Annie’s Mac n Cheese & BBQ Sauce Giveaway.?  There is is still time to enter and win.

I am off to read my book and get to bed early.  The Husband is watching some show on the Bot Fly ~ it’s so creepy!  At this point I am not wanting dessert because I am full and well THAT show LOL….but, I’ll be sure to let you know if I bust out some Nectarine Raspberry Sorbet over Mango, Watermelon & Cantaloupe.

Have a great night all!

14 comments:

  1. heck yeah! i love combing ready made pastas for pasta salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is quite hot :-/

    Your salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold pasta salad is a summer BBQ STAPLE! That sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing says summertime like a light and delicious pasta salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a light and pretty summer salad! It's so cool you post the WW points!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking salad...thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm i bet the pesto tortolini is so delicious, nice salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted for your sorbet!
    That salad looks so summery and refreshing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That salad looks delicious! And colorful! It's all about presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Actor's Diet ~ It was so good and easy to make. That is something I need to remember to make more often!

    C.G. ~ I know - so glad it's cooling off.

    K ~ I never thought of that but I need to remember this for a BBQ - YUM!

    Jenny ~ So true - I LOVE pasta anything especially salad.

    Erin ~ Thanks, I try to post the points when I remember too.

    Theangrydieter ~ No problemo - glad you liked it.

    Janetha ~ OMG - that pesto tortellin rocks. WE were totally picking it out :)

    Emily ~ Thanks for your vote!

    Fitnut ~ I totally agree - you have to eat and present lots of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That salad looks delicious! What a perfect summer dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne ~ This salad is so easy and I know it's something you'd love. You should try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete