Saturday, July 11, 2009

There’s a new Mac N Cheese in town….

I cannot remember the last weekend where we didn’t have something planned.  However, after today, I am thinking, why don’t we have no plans more often!  I have had a great day getting things done, helping The Husband and having a little fun baking.

For my afternoon snack, I couldn’t wait to break into the newest bread I picked up at Trader Joe’s today ~ Three Seed Sour Dough Bread.

IMG_8931 

I toasted up and slice with a little whipped butter.  I LOVED the nuttiness of the sesame, poppy and sunflower seeds.

  IMG_8936

Next up, I decided I “needed” to make up the Starbuck’s Outrageous Oatmeal Cookies.  I followed the recipe on the recipe card, however, I used Whole Wheat Flour and Trader Joe’s Berry Blend for ALL the raisins and such in the cookie.  You can get your very own Starbuck’s Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Card by clicking HERE

Here they are getting ready to get chewy and crispy in the oven!

IMG_8937

I LOVE how loaded with dried fruit these cookies are.

IMG_8938

The recipe card doesn’t tell you how many it makes, so I just made up 17 nice sized cookies.

 IMG_8940

Each cookie is 3 Weight Watcher Points as modified above.  I obviously made them smaller than at the stores because they are 8 Weight Watchers Points each in store.  They are super chewy, crunchy, cinnamony and loaded with fruit – so good that I had two!  

IMG_8943

Do you all remember about a month ago I told you I have a visit from Bernie?  I have been dying to try our newest 5-grain flavor and can finally share with you the cool stuff he brought!  Two NEW Flavors of Annie’s Mac N Cheese.

IMG_7425  IMG_7426 

Tonight we selected the 5-Grain Elbows & White Cheddar.  I LOVE that they are using a healthy mix of WHOLE grains all in one noodle with their classic White Cheddar sauce.

 IMG_7427

I cook all my Annie’s Mac by adding 1 Tbsp real butter with a small splash ~ 2-3 Tbsp fat free milk.  It makes the sauce super creamy.  I have to say that I think this may be our FAVORITE new flavor.  The noodles are really thick and chewy in a good way.  I can definitely see this mac n cheese filling you up if you didn’t have anything else with it ~ LOVE that!  I had a small scoop in the spot I left after I loaded up my plate with veggies.  

 IMG_8952

Plus BBQ chicken.

IMG_8951

And some grilled zucchini, summer squash & onions with EVVO, a sprinkle of parmesan, sea salt and pepper.

  IMG_8954

And some colorful Grilled Organic Corn.

IMG_8955

All together dinner was so good.  I LOVE filling up my plate with so many fantastic summer veggies.  I had some ice tea on the side that was too camera shy to show up :)

 IMG_8956

We got over half the siding on the garage today – it looks amazing!  I cannot wait to show you all.

I am off to snuggle with The Husband, relax and read…..such a fun couple we are, huh? LOL…..Have a great night all!

14 comments:

  1. ohhh new macncheese flavors! yummmmm. your bbq looks so yum, i love the heap of veggies on your plate! and that TJs bread looks good, i like their sourdough wheat. never tried the 3 seed, i will add it to my list! i have a running TJs list as a memo on my phone. haha.. you always give me good ideas and i can't forget them! show us the fix ups!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner looks delicious. I am loving those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since winning your Annie's giveaway, you know I am an Annie's fanatic, now! I will never buy any other! I am so looking forward to trying that one; I'll be on the lookout for it in the stores:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love Annie's mac n cheese, those flavors sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I love Annie's mac n cheese, those flavors sound delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That new flavor sounds delicious. Love what you paired with it as well!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your meal and cookies look delicious!! Maybe I'll try out those cookies today. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I've never seen that Annie's 5 grain mac n cheese flavor! It sounds so delicious. Love the yummy cookies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i adore annies <3 never seen that 5 grain though! is it new?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cookies, thanks for sharing the Starbuck’s Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie Recipe. That looks simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! I will definitely keep my eye out for those new mac & cheese flavors--Annie's is perfect for those times when I am short on time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janetha ~ Thanks, I LOVE their sourdough wheat too so I had to try the seedy bread. It's pretty tasty. Always glad to add to your TJ's list.

    C.G. ~ It was all excellent! I LOVE BBQ anything.

    Marisa ~ Awww - that is so cool! I LOVE Annie's too for so many reasons. You have to try this new flavor - it rocks! I LOVE the noodles....

    Danielle ~ Annie's rocks because they have CLEAN mac n cheese with real ingredients. There isn't anything you will not recognize. Oh and it tastes fantastic too :) LOL.

    Havefaith ~ It's my goto side when I am not sure what to make with my meal.

    Heyitstay ~ The cookies are really good, but, highly addicting.

    Anne ~ It's their newest flavor so definitely look out for it. You will love it.

    Jenny ~ yup, it's new. I think it will move to the top of your favorite flavors list too when you try it :)

    Christine ~ No problem - do tell if you try the cookies and like them. I LOVE them.

    Caroline ~ I totally agree - it's fast and easy and a mac n cheese you can feel good about eating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to check out the new pasta for sure! I tried annies a while ago and would love to check out more flavors. :) Thanks for the great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chic Runner ~ I highly recommend the 5-grain and will be hosting a contest for it here soon :)

    ReplyDelete